A leveling kit is mainly used to get rid of the factory rake of a vehicle. Many people don’t like having the rear of their ride sit higher than the front. So, they often opt for such a product.
Now you may wonder, what are the benefits of leveling kits? There are many perks to a good quality kit.
You can raise your overall clearance to traverse rough terrain without damaging your undercarriage. You can install larger tires and improve riding performance too. For some people, there is a visual aspect to such an upgrade.
That is all well and good. But when you are looking to pick out the best leveling kit for GMC Sierra 1500, you may find yourself overwhelmed. With all the different manufacturers and their lineups having various components and features, it is challenging to determine which is suitable for you.
You need to do some thorough research and look into the information about all the models you are considering. I have also researched my own and came up with recommendations for the best GMC Sierra leveling kit on the market.
Best Leveling Kit for GMC Sierra 1500
|MotoFab Front and Rear Leveling lift kit||Size: 3″F-2″R
Compatible : 2007-2018 Chevrolet & GMC 1500 Pickups
|Rough Country Leveling Kit||Size: 2″
Compatible : 2007-2018 Chevy/GMC 1500
|MotoFab Front Leveling Lift Kit||Size: 2.5″
Compatible : Silverado/Sierra 2007-2019 (New and old body style)
|dynofit Front Leveling Lift Kits||Size: 3″
Compatible : GMC Sierra 2WD/4WD 2007-2019
|AKM Chevy Front Leveling Lift||Size: 3″
Compatible : 2007-2022 GMC Sierra 1500
|ZY Wheel Front Leveling Lift Kit||Size:
|Richeer Front Leveling Lift Kit||Size: 2.5″
Compatible : 2007-2022 Silverado 1500 2WD/4WD, 2007-2022 Sierra 1500 2WD/4WD.
|Supreme Suspensions Front + Rear Lift Kit||Size: 3.5″ Front + 3″ Rear
Compatible : 2007-2019 Chevy /GMC Sierra 1500 2WD/4WD
|Rough Country Leveling Lift Kit||Size: 2.5″
Compatible : 2007-2018 Chevy Silverado GMC Sierra 1500
|Rough Country Leveling Kit||Size: 2″
Compatible : 2007-2018 Chevy/GMC 1500 | 07-21 SUV
|Supreme Suspensions Front Leveling Kit||Size: 3″
Compatible : 2007-2023 GMC Sierra 1500 2WD/4WD
|Rough Country Suspension Lift Kit|| Size: 4″
Compatible : 1988-1998 Chevy/GMC C/K1500 2WD
I have rounded up 11 different leveling kits with a good mix of durability, performance, and affordability. Some might not suit your needs, but their quality is not in doubt and can serve as an excellent reference.
The following had exceptional results after putting hundreds of kits through their paces and comparing all the relevant attributes. Hopefully, these will help you find what you are looking for.
1. MotoFab Lifts CH-3F-2R 3 in Front and 2 in Rear Leveling lift kit
- CNC machined components offer more consistency and better build quality
- Manufactured from billet aluminum for added strength
- Powder-coated finish to protects the parts from rust and corrosion
- Simple out-of-the-box installation process.
MotoFab offers exceptional build quality and longevity with its CH-3F-2R leveling kit. You will be hard-pressed to find a better alternative, making it the best leveling kit for the 2011 GMC Sierra 1500.
Made from solid billet aluminum means, there are no welding that can become points of failure as the component ages. The product is an excellent pick to eliminate the factory rake while maintaining the original ride characteristics.
Another benefit to his kit is that it’s been designed while considering ease of installation. So, no complex disassembly is required. You can easily install it in 3½ to 5 hours.
- Allows fitting of large aftermarket tires
- Strut and coil can be left as is to reduce the hassle during installation
- Robust build quality
- Compatible with a wide array of vehicles
- Puts excessive stress on CV axle joints in some vehicles
This product is definitely worth purchasing with such an excellent combination of functionality and style.
2. Rough Country 2″ Leveling Kit for 2007-2018
- Options to buy components manufactured from billet aluminum or fiberglass reinforced nylon
- No strut disassembly required
- Compatible with any factory upper control arm type
- Retains factory riding standards
Rough Country 2″ Leveling Kit has glowing reviews for its simple installation, build quality, and top-notch performance.
This kit will give you the extra height needed to deliver that aggressive stance to your pickup. Not to mention allowing for installation of up to 32″ tires. These wheels will also provide extra ground clearance to let you roll over obstacles without issue.
From the performance perspective, you will get less deflection over small bumps and potholes, improving the ride quality. After fitting this kit, one thing to note is that it is wise to get a professional alignment done.
- Straightforward installation process
- 2″ of extra ground clearance
- Lets you install up to 32″ tires
- Meager price
- Some people reported the 2″ lift that was advertised
The quality you get from a product with such a cheap price tag is unmatched by other products in the market, making it the best leveling kit for the 2014 GMC Sierra 1500.
3. MotoFab 2.5 in Front Leveling Lift Kit
- CNC machined parts provide excellent durability
- 2.5″ of additional ground clearance
- Installation does not require any special hardware
- Compatible with four-wheel-drive vehicles
MotoFab 2.5″ leveling kit boasts top-of-the-line build quality at an affordable price point. This is, without a doubt, the best leveling kit for the 2018 GMC Sierra 1500.
The rugged build quality combined with the usage of high-grade billet aluminum means this product will outlast your truck. If you like the factory riding standards and don’t want them to change, you will find that this kit is right up your alley.
Your off-road performance will get a slight bump if you fit aftermarket tires. You will get more stability and better handling while the undercarriage remains unscathed even in extreme driving conditions.
- Powder-coated black finish matches well with the rest of the suspension
- Simple installation with little to no hassle
- Compensates for any suspension sag over time
- Improves performance over rough terrain
- Spacer thickness and the actual lift is not a 1:1 ratio
With such excellent quality and ease of installation, this kit is a no-brainer. You will not regret grabbing one of these.
4. Dynofit 3″ Front Leveling Lift Kits
- Black anodized surface protects against corrosion
- Can be fit to both 2WD and 4WD vehicles
- T6 treated aircraft-grade aluminum offers improved durability
- Included premium bolts are of better quality than their stock counterparts
Dynofit is known to manufacture some of the best spacer kits out there. Their 3″ leveling kit no doubt lives up to this reputation.
T6 is a 2-step process consisting of solution heat treating followed by artificial aging. Aluminum with such treatment can have up to 30% increased strength. The spacers manufactured from such materials can take incredible amounts of punishment and still keep going.
The 3″ extra clearance will give you the fender space you need to kit out your ride with extra-large wheels or personalized rims. This product stands proudly among the best lift kits for GMC Sierra 1500 4×4.
- Heavy-duty anti-cracking components
- Levels the front of the vehicle with the rear
- No rubbing with the chassis even when fitted with oversized tires
- Retains stock ride quality
- Some users reported that the included bolts do not fit properly.
There is not much you can complain about this product. It would not be an exaggeration to say that this is the best leveling kit for the 2015 GMC Sierra 1500.
5. AKM Chevy Lift Kit 3″ Front Leveling Lift Kit
- Manufactured from compression resistant materials
- CNC machined parts boast increased service life
- No need to modify any stock parts during installation
- It can be fitted to a wide range of vehicles
AKM leveling kit is made using cutting-edge manufacturing processes and has every feature you may ever need.
This kit is a breeze to install, taking only 1-2 hours with the right tools. If you are worried about choosing between how your truck rides or looks, you can get them both without any compromises.
You will see that even after getting the raised profile that you always wanted, the ride feels precisely the same as it was right out of the factory. I can confidently say that this is the best leveling kit for the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500.
- Spacers come with pre-installed bolts
- Requires no pre-loading of the strut
- Delivers a smooth ride
- Easy bolt-on installation
- Complaints about poor handling during shipping and being delivered with missing components
Seeing all that this fantastic product has to offer, it was an easy call to put my word behind it. You will no doubt feel the same.
6. ZY Wheel Front Leveling Lift Kit
- No need for strut or coil disassembly during installation
- Gives 2.5″ of extra height
- Allows adaptability to fit larger radius wheels or tires
- Includes all necessary hardware for installing it
The phenomenal performance and affordable pricing put this product in a league of its own.
If you are looking to do some off-roading in style while not breaking the bank, then ZY Wheel’s 2.5″ kit is an excellent choice. The spacers are machined from solid aluminum billets, making them pretty much incomparable with welded spacers in terms of longevity.
You will not have to worry about this kit falling apart even in extreme riding conditions.
- Parts are built to last many miles
- Gives your ride a more visually pleasing look
- Offsets suspension sag
- Easy and painless installation takes less than 3 hours
- Included instructions are somewhat lacking in details
The imposing form you get from fitting this kit will draw the eyes of any who come across it. You can bet this is one of the best leveling kits for the 2016 GMC Sierra 1500.
7. Richeer 2.5″ Front Leveling Lift Kit
- 12.9 grade pre heated bolts means they will last a long time
- Automatic CNC processing ensures high accuracy and uniformity
- Anodized surface protects against wear and corrosion
- Raises the front end by 2.5″
This product by Richeer makes for an excellent choice for those looking for a combination of great looks and performance.
You can install this kit right on your driveway with only a few hours of work. It won’t require you to take many trips to the local hardware store as all the parts are included in the product.
Between the leveling kit and a new set of tires, your ride will take on a completely new look. That way, you can stand out from other similar stock models on the road!
- Allows installation of larger tires and rims
- Maintains stock riding standards
- Relatively cheap
- It can be installed easily in just 1-2 hours
- Complaints about some vehicles not becoming perfectly level
Being comparatively more durable and efficient than their competitors makes this the best leveling kit for the 2017 GMC Sierra 1500.
8. Supreme Suspensions – Full Lift Kit
- Gives 3.5″ of extra clearance
- Delrin strut spacer and steal tapered lift blocks provide additional strength
- Included axle shims allow for adjustment of the pinion angle for the axle
- Specially designed to handle rough riding conditions
Supreme Suspensions have been in the aftermarket mod scene for a long time. This kit goes to prove that, as it steals the spotlight as the best leveling kit for GMC Sierra 1500.
It is an all-inclusive kit providing a wide array of components. This allows for more remarkable degree adjustments so that you can make sure you get a level stance while still getting a smooth ride.
Optional wheel spacers position the wheels outwards to solve any rubbing issues. This will also have the added benefit of increasing cornering stability and better handling.
- Reduced wear on cv joints and axles
- Increases overall wheel travel
- Corrects caster and camber angle
- Improved cornering stability
- Slightly more expensive than other 3.5″ leveling kits
While it may cost a bit more than its competitors, this kit is still worth every penny. If you are looking to splurge a bit more to get some extra versatility, this is the kit for you.
9. Rough Country 2.5″ Leveling Lift Kit
- Fabricated blocks for better longevity
- Optional N3 coil springs for a more comfortable driving experience
- Offers smooth, OEM like ride
- Gives a more level stance to a wide range of vehicles
Rough Country 2.5″ leveling kit not only eliminates any factory rake but also improves both the on and off-road driving performance of your ride.
If you choose to go with this kit, it is recommended to add the optional N3 shocks to your cart as well. They feature variable damping that adapts on the fly based on the type of terrain you’re driving on to give you a comfortable ride.
Not to mention, these shocks come with a pre-loaded coil to ensure a quick and hassle-free installation. I can confidently say that this is the best leveling kit for the 2011 GMC Sierra 1500.
- 100% bolt-on installation that doesn’t require any strut disassembly
- Provides enough fender clearance to run 32″ tires
- Does not affect stock ride characteristics
- Good vibration damping capability
- Can’t be fitted on auto-ride or auto-leveling models of trucks
I can’t recommend this product enough. You will be pleasantly surprised by its superb blend of features, performance, and reliability.
10. Supreme Suspensions – 3″ Front Leveling Kit
- T6 treated aluminum exhibits over 35,000 psi of yield strength, giving unrivaled durability
- The anodized coating prevents oxidation and excessive wear
- Installation does not require any specialist tools
- Raises the front end by 3″ to level the vehicle
Supreme Suspensions 3″ leveling kit is on par with the other high-end kits on the market but at only a fraction of the cost.
Aircraft-grade aluminum billet spacers are resistant to cracking and shearing. This makes them suitable for heavy-duty usage. If you are someone who has to drive over bumpy and steep terrain on a regular basis, then the ruggedness of this kit will prove essential.
Putting on larger tires further enhances off-road ride performance as they will provide more grip and stability. You will get enough room to install even 32″ diameter tires with this kit.
- Great combination of quality and performance
- Gives the vehicle a more imposing look
- Boasts excellent structural integrity
- Retain factory ride quality
- Lower retaining nuts and bolts are of lower quality
I can undoubtedly crown this as the best leveling kit for the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500. This kit will breathe new life back into your ride. You can trust me when I say that this product will almost certainly be a worthwhile purchase.
11. Rough Country 4″ Lift Kit
- Includes premium N3 shocks for better ride performance
- Simple at-home installation
- Chrome hardened piston rods experience minor wear
- Metallic silver paint gives the shocks a great look
If you are looking for a kit that will significantly boost your vehicle height, you are in luck, as the 4″ lift from this should be more than enough for most purposes.
Unlike most leveling kits on the market, this product uses shocks instead of spacers to provide the extra lift. You will get better articulation and increased wheel travel that will bump up your vehicle’s off-road capability by a wide margin.
Not to mention, leveling kits like this are more visually appealing than those that use pucks or spacers. This is by far the best 4-inch lift kit for GMC Sierra 1500.
- Provides a staggering amount of additional ground clearance
- No modifications are required for any stock components
- Improved ride stability
- Comparatively low price
- It may require extended brake lines and other additional hardware
There are very few kits that can match the performance of this product when you are looking for an enormous lift for your ride. You will not regret purchasing this product.
Buying Guide for The Best Leveling Kits for Your GMC Sierra 1500
There are some critical factors to consider before you go out looking to buy a lift kit. Here are some of them that you should pay close attention to.
Not every kit out there is made for your ride. Manufacturers usually create a piece of equipment for a particular line of vehicles with similar builds. You can’t shoehorn some random kit under your pickup.
Just pay close attention to the product description, look for the vehicle model that the kit is designed for, and make sure yours is among them.
Amount of Lift
One crucial aspect to consider when installing aftermarket leveling kits is the amount of lift you might want. The type of kit and the looks you are going for are essential factors that affect how much lift you need.
Not only that, the size of any aftermarket tire or rims you might want to install, the ride characteristics, even the size of your garage are also things you need to deliberate to make a decision.
Type of Lift Kit
While browsing the market, you may have come across terms like body lifts, suspension lifts, or budget boosts and wonder what they mean. Well, these tell you the type of kit you are looking at.
Now to a beginner, it may be too difficult to understand how each of them differs from one another. So, I will walk you through all the information you need to know to see what each type has to offer and what their limitations are.
Body Lift Kits
Body lifts work in an effortless way. They have spacers that you can add between the body and coil springs.
This raises the vehicle’s body while leaving the rest of the suspension in its original position. You can get at best 3″ of the lift before you start putting undue amounts of stress on the mount.
As the suspension doesn’t get any additional clearance, the vehicle’s overall performance remains primarily unchanged. The only benefit to this is the ability to add larger wheels. Even the visual aspect is not that impressive, according to a lot of people.
But being such a simple kit means they are the cheapest of the bunch. So, if you are on a tight budget, this may be what you want.
Coil Spring Booster
These types of kits are definitely a step up from body lifts. They essentially come with new, longer coil springs that you can use to replace your stock ones.
Unlike body lifts, they do have some performance benefits. A good aftermarket coil spring is definitely of higher quality than the ones your ride came in with from the factory.
Not to mention, they eliminate sag, enhance articulation and increase wheel travel. All this leads to a noticeably smoother ride. As an added bonus, vehicles kitted out with this type of lift look more visually appealing.
Suspension Lift Kit
This is the big brother of all lift kits. According to some, it’s the only type of lift you should look out for. As the name implies, suspension lifts come with a wide assortment of components used to swap out most of the stock suspension.
When installed properly, they give the best performance out of any other type of kit out there.
They also offer the highest amount of lifts up to a staggering 12″. But such extensive modifications mean this type of kit is expensive while also being the most difficult to install without professional help.
How To Install Leveling Kit GMC Sierra 1500?
In case you do not have much in the way of experience and are looking at a rather complex suspension kit, it might be wise to seek professional help. However, if you feel confident in your skills and want to install the equipment yourself, obviously give it a go.
The installation process varies wildly depending on the type of kit and the model of your pickup. So, all I can offer is a general guide on installing them. You should consult the instructions for the kit itself for more details.
- 10mm Wrench
- 18mm Wrench
- 15mm Socket
- 15mm Wrench
- 16mm Wrench
- 17mm Wrench
- 21mm Wrench
- 21mm Deep Well Socket
- 7/32 Allen Wrench
- Flat Screwdriver
Step 01: Remove the Front Wheels
Make sure to stop the rear wheel properly and jack up the front end. Support vehicles with a jack stand. Remove the front wheel with a deep well socket.
Step 02: Remove the front Shocks and disconnect the sway bar
Remove the stock shocks and sever the sway bar end links. After that, swing it aside, so it is out of the way.
Step 03: Remove track bar bolt and Stock Springs
Use the appropriate socket to disconnect the brackets holding the ABS lines.
Take off the frame sidetrack-bar bolt and drop out the front axle to remove the factory coil springs. You need to retain the upper isolator as you will need it later.
Step 04: Install the new front shocks
Compress the front suspension and install the front Shocks. Place the lower bushing into the original lower shock mount.
Compress shock and guide the stem-top through the factory upper shock mount. Fit the upper bushing and tighten the provided nut.
Step 05: Reinstall wheels and tires
Install the wheels tires and gently lower the vehicle to the ground.
Step 06: Install the factory track bar
Once the suspension is reinstalled, attach the factory track bar to the frame mount. The suspension must be loaded while this is done.
Step 07: Reattach the ABS line
Resecure your ABS lines using a ratchet. Also, reconnected the factory sway bar.
Step 08: Repeat the process for the rear
The rear parts are just as easy to replace. Follow the included instructions if you have any issues.
Make sure to do a part out to see if you have forgotten anything. Also, check alignment and re-torque the bolts periodically.
What Are Leveling Kits?
To put it simply, leveling kits allow you to have a more level stance for your ride. You modify the undercarriage by putting in spacers or completely overhauling the suspension to add extra height to the front.
What Are Lift Kits?
While they may seem similar, lift and leveling kits have one difference. Leveling kits level your ride, and a lift kit increases the vehicle’s ground clearance.
They work in the same way as leveling kits do. You can put pucks to lift the body or swap out stock suspension parts with aftermarket components.
What Do Lift Kits Do?
Lift kits allow you to have additional ground clearance that can come in hand is off-road activity. You also get to install larger wheels for better traction.
If your kit involves new shocks, coil springs, sway bars, and such, you can get a significant boost to the riding characteristics of your pickup. Some even like the raised form one gets from fitting lift kits.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do leveling kits hurt GMC Sierra 1500?
If installed incorrectly, a leveling kit can damage your pickup over time. But you have nothing to worry about as long as you are thorough in the installation process and don’t make mistakes.
Do leveling kits affect the ride quality of the GMC Sierra 1500?
To a certain extent, yes. Many manufacturers try to maintain the stock ride characteristics, but it will change to a certain degree.
That change will surely be favorable if you picked up a good kit and did the installation correctly.
Is a 2-inch leveling kit noticeable?
2″ leveling kits are not that noticeable. So, these are worth looking into if you’re aiming for a visually subtle upgrade.
Does GMC offer a leveling kit?
GMC does make some leveling kits. But you should go for a manufacturer who specializes in aftermarket modifications.
Are leveling kits worth it?
The answer varies from person to person. If you dislike the factory rake of your ride and are willing to spend some money to improve its offroad performance, then a good leveling kit is well worth it.
How much will a 2-inch leveling kit raise GMC Sierra 1500?
A leveling kit will raise the front end to be level with the rear. So, unless you go for larger tires or rims, there won’t be too much overall lift.
Do I need new shocks with a 2-inch lift?
Usually, the stock shocks barely fit with a 2″ lift, but this may change depending on the type of vehicle.
Why are trucks not level from the factory?
Trucks are designed to carry weight in the back. So, if it were level, the rear would go down while pushing the front up.
This would hurt visibility and its aerodynamics. So, they are shipped with the front slightly lower.
How do I know what size leveling kit I need for my GMC Sierra 1500?
If you want to fit large radius wheels, you have to figure out the clearance you need to fit them. Also, the visual factor is worth considering when deciding on the lift amount.
Can I install a leveling kit myself?
If you have some experience tinkering under the hood, you should be able to handle doing it yourself. But for those who are complete beginners, you should seek professionals to do it for you.
How much does it cost to level a GMC Sierra 1500?
Depending on the type of kit, it could be anywhere from $100 to $2000. If you go to a professional for installation, it will cost more.
Will a leveling kit void my GMC Sierra 1500 warranty?
In the case of GMC, a leveling kit itself will not void the warranty. However, if anything was damaged due to that upgrade, the warranty will not cover that.
With the inherent benefits of a good lift kit, many choose to install one in their ride despite the risks. Manufacturers are putting out more products with unique mixes of components and feature sets to cater to such demands.
Navigating through such an expansive catalog of kits may be daunting for some. But it is well worth the trouble to be thorough when choosing one for your beloved ride. I hope that my list of the best leveling kits for the GMC Sierra 1500 has helped you in that regard.