The term leveling kit stands for itself; it lifts your truck. But when it comes to the ford F150, the leveling kit stands for something else entirely.
When you’re riding on an F150, leveling kit will help you appreciate the world around you from newer heights. Not to mention that you’ll have better stability, a protected undercarriage, and last but not least, a super cool look!
Now comes the question of What is the best leveling kit for f150? what leveling kit you’re going to allow to go under your truck. Obviously, you’re gunning for the 2 or 2.5 leveling kit for your Ford F150. But with the wide popularity of this kit, there’s a wide variety of leveling kits available in the market.
To narrow down your options, I’ve brought you a list of the My Favorite 10 Leveling Kit for F150 (2004-2022). Moreover, to better understand what you may be looking for, I’ve also included a concise list of what you need to know. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
My Favorite 10 Best Leveling Kit for F150
I will be talking about 10 different leveling kits that I think are the best in the market. While there’s a possibility that I may have overlooked a few products, I can assure you that these products are in no way less than those.
I have put over five hundred kits under my strict scrutiny process, and the following passed with flying colors. Look at them and decide which would be the best fit.
1. Rough Country Leveling Kit – My Most Favorite for F150
- Compatible with F150 2004-2018 2WD & 4WD
- Bolt-on installation process makes the process easier
- Easy installation process needs no disassembly of struts
- Composite build offers resistance against different elements
- Unique design retains stock ride standards
There are two things to look for when purchasing 2 inch leveling kits for f150: great looks and strength. While these are desirable qualities, they’re pretty hard to come by as most companies sacrifice one for another.
But Rough Country has figured out a way to combine both, and the result is beautiful. The Rough Country 2-inch molded leveling kit is a combination of both that will help you elevate your F150 to sufficient height to adapt up to 33-inch tires!
Does not work with 2009-2016 Raptor. *Due to differences in manufacturing, dimension and inflated measurements, tire and wheel combinations should be test fit prior to installation.
The company has been in the industry for quite some time, and they’ve accumulated more than enough experience to bring out the best 2″ leveling kit for F150 in the market.
Thanks to its experience, there’s no place for guesswork in Rough Country’s mechanism. The company has manufactured a leveling kit that’s easy to install, reliable, and an all-around kit that can shoot up your F150’s value instantly. It’s truly a must-have!
1″ Lift Blocks
N3 Premium Shocks
V2 Monotube Shocks
- Increased ground clearance
- Offers a smooth, OEM-like ride
- Front and rear stays leveled
- Smooth installation process requires no additional tool
- Can’t accommodate any tires over 33 inches
The leveling kit is a mixture of strength and great looks. Rough Country’s leveling kit is the way to go if you want to see the world from a bit above!
Rough Country 2″ Leveling Strut Extensions Install Video
2. MotoFab 2.5″ Kit – My Second Favorite Leveling kits
- Compatible with F150 2004-2018 2WD & 4WD
- Offers a raise of a true 2.5 inches on the front end
- CNC machined to provide greater consistency
- Aluminum billet build with a powder-coated black finish to match stock suspension
- Easy installation process requires no modification
The Ford F150 is as close to perfection as it gets. With only a little bit of tweaking, it can get that much closer to perfection.
That’s why MotoFab has brought out the MotoFab Lifts 2.5-inch Front Leveling Kit. It’ll deliver just the right amount of boost to reach that sweet spot you’ve been thriving for.
While some buyers complained that the instructions were less than optimal, there are tons of videos online that you can see to ensure smooth sailing through the installation process. One of its most appealing features is the seamless installation process that requires no additional modification.
Lift spacer thickness and lift is not a 1 to 1 ratio due to the suspension geometry.
This great-looking kit comes equipped with some other enticing features as well. It’s great range of compatibility and affordable pricing makes it one of the most popular choices in the market.
What speaks more about the confidence that MotoFab 2.5in leveling kit has in this product is the lifetime warranty they offer. So, even if you run into any problem, which you probably won’t, you can depend on MotoFab to help you out in a jiffy!
- Compatible with both two-wheel and four-wheel drive with F150 (2004-2018)
- Spacer includes pre-installed bolts
- Powder-coated black finish offers a great look
- Eliminates any suspension sag
- Lift and spacer thickness has an uneven ratio (not 1:1)
Comparatively more efficient than different welded spacers, you can expect high-quality performance from this kit.
How to install Motofab 2.5 in. leveling kit on F150 (Video )
3. Supreme Suspensions 2.5″ Front Leveling Kit – My Third Favorite
- COMPATIBLE WITH 2004 – 2022 Ford F-150 (2WD 4WD)
- Bolt-on installation requires no additional tools
- Cutting-edge metal fabrication technology offers intricate design for more incredible performance
- Coated to fight against varying elements to offer a lifetime of durability
- Unique design to adapt to the most extreme riding conditions
If you’re familiar with the auto industry, especially the leveling kit, then you surely have heard the name of Supreme Suspensions. The company increased its brand value with higher quality products and consistency.
With an extensive compatibility range, you can use this superb suspension kit on every model of the Ford F150 from 2004 to 2020. While the kit offers other sizes, the 2.5-inch one is the most popular as it hits the sweet spot.
If you’ve heard that their products are reasonable, you heard wrong. They’re not good; they’re superb! And one prime example of their fantastic product line is the Supreme Suspensions 2.5-inch front leveling kit.
Does NOT Fit F-150 FX-4 and 2004 Heritage Models. ***An alignment is always recommended if you are altering the height of your vehicle***.
Not only will the kit offer a greater ground clearance, but it’ll also deliver you a smooth ride. And if you’re worried about the installation process, don’t be. The bolt-on feature allows any DIYer with basic knowledge to install the kit within an hour or two.
- Greater ground clearance
- Offers a more pleasurable visual experience
- Can adapt larger and personalized tires and rims
- Easy installation process can be completed within an hour or two
- Makes a clunking noise as the control arms clash against the coil springs
With a great look and even more outstanding durability, the Supreme Suspension 2.5-inch kit is truly one of the best 2.5″ leveling kits for F150. The product does justice to its brand name. It’s, without a doubt, a perfect combination of performance, affordability, and reliability.
F150 Supreme Suspensions 2.5 Leveling Kit Installing Video
4. MotoFab 2″ Front Leveling Kit – My Fourth Favorite
- Compatible with F150 2004-2021 2WD & 4WD
- Raises the front end by a true 2 inches
- CNC machining production system to offer greater consistency
- Aluminum billet build with a powder-coated black finish to match factory suspension settings
- Easy installation process requires no disassembly of strut/coil
Just like its 2.5-inch counterpart, the MotoFab 2-inch Front Leveling Kit is in a league of its own.
The kit features a CNC-machined billet aluminum build that comes with a powder-coated black finish that offers more outstanding durability and enhances its visual features. Not only does the kit match your factory suspension coloring, but it also helps you utilize more extensive and customized tires and rim.
And you can install it within 1.5 to 2 hours since there’s no need for any disassembly, unlike its competitors. So, you won’t have to go through much trouble to test this baby out.
While the spacer and lift ratio isn’t precisely 1:1 due to the suspension geometry, you can overcome this issue with just a bit of mechanical knowledge.
- Compatible with both two-wheel and four-wheel drive with F150 (2004-2021)
- Offers adaptability with larger tires
- Powder-coated black finish provides a great look
- Eliminates any suspension sag
- Some customers reported that the kit didn’t look as advertised
While there was some discontent regarding the visual features of the product, we found the performance to be top-notch. When it comes to performance, the 2-inch leveling kit F150 is one of the best leveling kits for the 2016 F150.
F150 MotoFab 2″ Front Leveling Kit Installation Video
5. ZY Wheel 2″ Front f150 Leveling Kit – My Fifth Favorite
- Additional fender clearance offers adaptability to bigger wheels
- Raises the front-end by 2 inches to provide a more incredible view
- Compatible with both two-wheel and four-wheel drive
- Kit includes 2-inch front billet aluminum strut spacers to widen the wheel’s offset
ZY Wheel has specialized in the leveling kit department for quite some time. The customers have received their products well. So naturally, we were excited about this one too.
Fortunately, I was not let down by this great product. ZY Wheel has done it again. The 2-inch leveling kit is well-worth its price. Not only does it offer a plentiful of features, but it also adds a noticeable aggressive look to your F150, making it more appealing.
The leveling kit offers enhanced fender clearance. So, you’ll have no problem with using bigger wheels. With a perfect balance between the front and rear, the ZY Wheel 2-inch leveling kit is one of the best 2 leveling kits for F150 (Compatible for 2004 -2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- Great range of compatibility
- Offers an aggressive look to your F150
- Provides a perfect balance between the front and rear of the vehicle
- Takes care of factory raking
- The actual thickness of the kit is not 2”
This leveling kit is one of the best put there, provided you get the installation process just right. However, in the 2021 model, you’ll need to replace the one-time bolts, so make sure to keep note of that.
6. Rough Country 2.5″ Leveling Kit- My sixth Favorite
- Levels the rear and the front of your vehicle
- Doesn’t require disassembling the struts to install the kit
- Bod includes strut extensions and hardware
- Bolt-on installation feature makes it easy to install
This company is a total beast when it comes to suspension system items. This novel, easy-to-install molded spacer technology combines superb looks and endurance in ways that regular spacers do not.
Unlike standard strut mount spacers, Rough Country’s unique spacer design is shaped to suit the strut hat, creating the illusion of a continuous strut. This feature is often absent in most 2.5 & 2-inch leveling kits.
If you enjoy off-roading, you will enjoy this one. The 2.5′′ kit increase in level is more than enough to protect your undercarriage from the ground.
- Provides smooth ride
- Easy at home installation
- Perfect blend of protection, performance, and style
- Unrivaled ground clearance helps overcome any obstacle
- Made of plastic
- Doesn’t fit the 2004 Heritage models
- For wider tires, trimming is required
This kit does justice to the name of Rough Country. It’s a perfect blend of features, reliability, and performance! this leveling kit is perfect for f150 2004 – 2008.
2004-2008 F150 Rough Country 2.5 leveling kit installing Video
7. MotoFab 1.5 in Front Leveling Lift Kit – My Seventh Favorite
- Raise the front end by a full 1.5 inches
- CNC machined for a longer lifespan
- Powder-coated black finish to suit factory setup
- Takes around 1 to 1/2-2 hours to install without any strut/coil disassembly
All the kits in the market boast of significant boosts, whereas many people are looking for only minor ones. If you’re one of those people, you’re in luck.
The MotoFab front leveling lift kit provides a 1.5-inch lift to your front end, which is ideal for people who simply require a minor boost. These spacers are made the same way as the original MotoFab kit, with aluminum billet and black powder-coating.
All hardware required for installation is included in the kit, and no special or difficult-to-find tools are needed. It’s an excellent alternative for a 2021 F150 leveling kit. In fact, you can even call it the best 1.5″ leveling kit for ford F150!
- Bolt-on installation
- Heavy-duty strut spacers
- Improves off-road performance
- Requires no spacers
- Installation process may run longer than advertised
Whatever features you may be looking for, the MotoFab lift kit has got them all. You can be sure that this kit will be a bang for your buck.
8. AKM 3″ Front and 2″ Rear Leveling Lift Kit – My Eight Favorite
- Lifts the front-end by 3 inches and back-end by 2 inches
- Material yields more excellent compression resistance than steel, offering enhanced durability
- Anodized surface provides improved durability and corrosion resistance
- Anodized black finish offers aesthetic enhancement
People often have to choose between comfort and visual pleasure. But if you’re looking for a combination of both, the AKM F150 lift kit is a great bargain. Not only does it look good, but it’ll also offer greater functionality to your F150.
All of the kit’s components were created using advanced CNC processing technology. T6061 Billet Aluminum is used to make the spacers. Thanks to the high-quality build, the lift kit boasts a longer lifespan.
This entire kit is lightweight and has little effect on the center of gravity. As a result, the tires have superior traction on the ground. These features are what make it the best.
The assembly method is one of the kit’s most appealing features. You can take care of the entire lifting procedure within 1-2 hours without the need to remove the factory-made frame or use special tools.
- Can be installed without removing the body
- Increases the distance between the vehicle and the ground
- Keeps the front and rear level
- Prevent chassis rubbing
- Allows installing larger tires and rims
- A bit expensive for the new drivers
This AKM leveling kit makes lifting your Ford F150 smoother with its easy-to-install process. It’s just the same as described and will make you fall in love with your vehicle.
9. MZS 2″ Leveling Kit – My Ninth Favorite
- Includes 2 Front Strut Spacers, 6 Installation Bolts, and 1 Installation Instruction cutting down your costs
- T6 aircraft-grade aluminum offers enhanced durability
- Highly accurate original factory values and cutting
- Raises the front by 2 inches to provide greater clearance
One great aspect of the leveling kit is the upgrade in the visual department. But most good-looking kits tend to be a bit too expensive. And even if they aren’t expensive, they tend not to be worth the money. Not with this one.
The MZS 2-inch leveling kit improves your vehicle’s appearance and provides greater fender space for wider tires and wheels. MZS Leveling Lift Kits feature a billet aluminum build that has been CNC machined. As a result, they offer more outstanding durability, and this one’s not an exception.
This leveling kit can increase ground clearance and level the front and back of the car. So, if you’re looking to improve your F150’s look and add a bit of functionality to it, this leveling kit is the another best leveling kit (1981-1996).
- Simple bolt installation
- Maintains smooth ride
- Greater ground clearance
- Maintains a balance between the front and rear
- Aluminum construction provides maximum strength
- A few complaints about studs shearing off
The MZS 2-inch leveling kit is a great-looking kit that’s worth the money. You can’t go wrong with this one.
10. MotoFab 2.5″ Leveling Lift Kit – My Last Favorite Item
- Can lift the front of your F150 by an actual 2.5″
- Offers simple 90-minutes installation with no strut modification required like its competitors
- CNC machined to offer consistent quality
- Made from durable, rust-resistant billet aluminum to offer more outstanding durability
Almost all brands guarantee 2.5′′, but MotoFab stands out as a special edition. This leveling kit is red and built using a billet aluminum strategy, and its durability is because it’s powder-coated.
The MotoFab leveling kit’s distinguished by its ease of installation, eliminating the need for strut and coil disassembly, which may be required in other kits.
Furthermore, MotoFab can accommodate most F-150 models, particularly (fit for 2004 -2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 2WD & 4WD) F150 models, regardless of whether your truck has a two-wheel or four-wheel-drive system.
- Maintains Stock Ride quality
- Reliable, solid, and level trucks well
- Rust-resistant and durable
- No strut disassembly
- Users claim to have difficulties with the instructions
Other than solving the claimed troubles with the help of MotoFab’s support, this product is worth buying. Till now we’ve found nothing but good news about this product.
How to Choose the Right leveling kit for your F150
Before buying some leveling kits for your ford F150, you need to consider some things. They’re as follows.
You need to check your vehicle’s current suspension level before you go shopping. Whether you’re dealing with even or uneven suspension, how much of a lift will you need in the front and back end.
To know what type of kit you should be looking for, you need to know exactly what you need. If you end up buying a leveling kit that doesn’t fit your make and model, you won’t be able to work it on your vehicle.
To make sure that the product fits your vehicle, you need to match both the make, model, configuration, and year.
Leveling lift Kits Type
When you get to the market, you’ll come face to face with so many different choices that may send your head spinning.
However, you’ve got nothing to worry about. All you need to do is familiarize yourself with the types of leveling kits, and you’ll breeze through the buying process.
There are mainly three kinds of leveling kits. Knowing what they offer and what they lack will help you make the best decisions.
The suspension lift kit will come in handy if you’re looking to raise your F150’s height. However, if you’re a little tight on your budget, the suspension lift kit may not be the best choice for you.
You may need to install some additional parts when using the suspension lift kit. For example, you may need to put in a lower skid plate, brake line brackets, or CV spacers, depending on the type of your kit.
Moreover, you may even need to modify your entire suspension system before you can install a suspension lift kit in your F150. But when all’s said and done, the suspension lift kit is the best choice for you if you don’t mind splurging a bit.
If practicality is what you’re gunning for, the body lift kit may be your best bet. While they will have as much of a yield as their suspension lift counterparts, the body lift kit can raise your F150’s chassis from one to three inches. That way, you’ll have not only more ground clearance but also the freedom to use bigger tires.
Moreover, unlike its suspension lift counterparts, you can use the body lift kit without making any significant adjustments to your vehicle. That way, there’s a lower chance of failure in the installation process. Also, you can keep your expenses at the minimum level.
If looks are what matters the most to you, you can’t go wrong with leveling lift kits. They can help you hide the obvious factory raking. However, if you’re thinking of towing or hauling, you should try using body or suspension lifts instead of leveling lift kits.
The leveling lift kits don’t cost as much as suspension kits, so they won’t set you back too much and upgrade your vehicle’s looks. Moreover, the installation process is relatively straightforward, so you can install the kit yourself if you want.
But, keep in mind that you need to have a basic understanding to get through the process without any professional help.
If you’re a DIYer and looking for a new project, installing your ford F150’s leveling kit should be right up your alley. The difficulty level of the process will depend entirely on your knowledge and the type of your leveling kit.
The installation process varies depending on the type of your leveling kit. While some kits can be bolted right in, others may need some additional parts to be accommodated.
You can take help from the instructions that come with your equipment. And here are some basic instructions that can help you get through the process smoothly.
- 1-1/16-inch wrench
- 30mm socket
- 21mm socket
- 18mm socket
- 15mm socket
- Prying bar
- Breaker bar socket wrench
- Pitman arm puller (optional)
F150 Leveling Kit Installing Process
Take out your 21mm socket and your socket wrench, and unscrew the lug nuts. An easy rule to follow when loosening the nuts is ‘righty tighty, lefty loosey.’
If you have the OEM wheels, take off the center cap first before you proceed.
Before you start, make sure to place a wedge on one of the back-end wheels. Put the truck in neutral and jack up the front. Ensure not to engage the parking or the hand brake as you’ll need the back-end wheels to move.
Lift the front end high enough for you to remove the tires. After you’ve lifted the truck high enough, put two jack stands under the chassis to keep the car lifted. Remove the nuts and the tires in the front.
Use your 18mm socket to unscrew the sway bar. After you’ve unbolted it, take the bar off of the control arm.
Make sure to loosen the upper ball joint without taking it off. You can either pry it out with the pitman puller or hammer to pop the ball joint out of the spindle.
If you’re using a hammer, be careful not to hit the ball joint directly. Otherwise, you’ll end up damaging your suspension.
Take your 30mm socket and place it over the lower strut bolt. Hold the nut with the 1-1/16-inch wrench.
If you can’t loosen it, you can use a power tool. If you can take it off, that’d be best. But, if you can’t altogether remove it, make sure to loosen it.
With the strut out of the way, place the jack under the lower control arm. That way, you can take off the nut from the upper ball joint. Use the pry bar to lift the control arm so you move the spindle out of the way.
Use ratchet straps to fix the spindle in one place so that it doesn’t swing around during the installation process.
Now you can use your 15mm socket to remove the nuts. There should be three of them. These nuts keep the strut’s head fixed on the bracket.
The jack will slowly bring the lower control arm down, and the strut assembly will follow it. Your job is to make sure that the parts don’t hit the ground.
This step depends on the brand of your kit. So you need to refer to the instruction manual that came with your equipment.
If the spacer studs aren’t already in place, you may need to use an extended strut. If the spacer studs are already there, you’ll only need to bolt them to the strut.
Now do it for the other side, and you should be good to go!
Installing Leveling Kit on Ford F-150 the EASY WAY! [ Video]
FAQs About The Best Leveling kits for F150
The cost of leveling a Ford 150 can vary from USD 150 to USD 400, depending on the kit. You can also minimize your cost by installing the leveling kit yourself.
If you’re going to get the installation done professionally, they’ll take about thirty to forty minutes to install the kit. However, if it’s a DIY project, you may be able to finish up within two hours approximately.
While there may be varying opinions, you can look at the choices we’ve provided and pick any. We guarantee that you won’t be disappointed!
If you choose to go with a 2.5-inch leveling kit, you should be good to go. Afterward, you can add rear blocks, airbags, or others if needed.
The 2014 F150 works best with the 2-inch suspension leveling kits if you’re not looking to haul anything. By fitting a 2-inch suspension kit, you can use up to 35-inch wheels.
You can use any of the following kit sizes in your 2015 F150: 2-inches, 2.25-inches, 2.5-inches, and 3-inches. However, try to keep the size in the 2 to 2.5 range, as the 2.25-inches offer the safest amount of lift in this vehicle.
You can use all the sizes in the 2 to 3 inches range, except for the 2.25-inch leveling kit for your 2017 F150. Depending on your usage and the situation, your best bet would be to go with either the 2.5-inch or the 3-inch leveling kit.
Just like the 2017 model, you can use all the sizes between 2 and 3 inches, except for the 2.25-inch one. If you’re looking to raise the front-end suspension of your truck, going with the 2.5-inch leveling kit would be your best option.
If you’re trying to fit 35-inch tires with the stock settings, you’ll get to rub city in no time. But you should have no problem working 35-inch tires on your F150 with a leveling kit.
A leveling kit will raise the front end of your F150 to serve two primary purposes. Firstly, it’ll get rid of the factory rake with greater clearance. Secondly, it’ll keep a level stance by compressing bigger wheels underneath your F150 truck.
However, making a decision is tricky since so many products are available in the market. Hopefully, my list of the best 2.5 leveling kits for F150 should help you. The best thing to do is do your own research before getting to the buying process.
To that end, you can use my buying guide as a reference. And if you’re still confused, you can pick any of the products from my list, and you won’t be disappointed!